World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads fished behind rossall school last night (monday 16/04) went to Dave in Fleetwood to pick up some fresh lug Dave was very encouraging re tide & weather
said it was a good night for a bass.
anyway fished 2 up 2 down used various rigs beads and no beads ,fresh lug tipped with squid or macky lug on its own macky or squid on pennels on its own or with lug the sea was rough and quite windy and soon pushed me up the wall c22 was painted on the wall. all i got was wet feet ( big wave caught me by surprise) and crab bites.
last but one chuck on a piece of old lug that i forgot about and a scrap of squid to keep it on and bingo 1 small doggie.
somebody please tell me what i did wrong was it wrong location ,wrong tide ,too windy. fed up gotta tell you .but at least i didn't blank LOL
driving back i saw 4 lads fishing just before the old station (irish) they hadn't had a knock between em . didn't see anybody else wetting a line tho
by the way i have a boat rod and some neoprene chestys for sale

·
Registered
490 Posts
Firstlt you didnt blank, so thats a result - well done.
Secondly sometimes you gotta put the hours in - even the big boys on this site blank. persevere.
Now if it had been me, I find it difficult to target bass, but I would have headed up towards the point or round the Coastguard station. For bait, crab would be good if you can get it, otherwise fresh worm. Try big chucks and dont be frightened also to drop it in 20 or 30 yds out its surprising whats swimming round your feet if you wade out. Be prepared to experiment. Above all persevere and put the hours in.
This is the gospel according to St Wilky - others will probably tell you differently

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
were you fishing in the gullys or on top of the sand banks ?,
dont even bother targeting bass just yet , there are the odd ones knocking about ( they are odd ,, odder than an odd man with odd shoes on odd feet ),
just go and enjoy yerself fishing and dont worry about it , its meant to be funn , maybe there wasn't any fish knocking about
a chilled out cuberd

ps ; put your stuff for sale in the classified section

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
don't no about the saint bit :unsure: :roll1:

but i agree with what wilky's said ,we all have bad days {some more than others }with fishing its a combination of a few things perseverance , timing ,weather and tides then add the biggest factor of the lot............... luck

you didnt do much wrong just wasnt your day at least you didnt blank and the weather was kind

well done kimone keep trying your day will come matey :clap3: :clap3:

tightlines........................daz

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks lads
i think i was hittin the gullys i was chuckin it out a bit and also tried a few gentle lobs
might giv it another go tonight or maybe tomorrow
thanks again for the advice

·
Registered
411 Posts
keep trying, try low water, there are not loads of bass all the time even later in the year, my earliest off the fylde coast in the last 20 years is 9th of may? it can be dangerous at low water but you could try Kings Scar, almost straight out from the Sea Cadet base, set off about two and a half hours befor low water, and dont stay too long once the tide starts to flood, you are looking for a "spit" of boulders about football size that runs out to sea, one side is usually calm, the other a bit rougher, you can use lures here as well as bait . good luck.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dont worry too much about hitting gullies - my best ( a measly 3 pound or so), I am sure came off the top of a bank.
Good tip about King Scar Nog- welcome to site + thanks for sharing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts