World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fishing Rossbeigh at the end of August , anyone any info ie what is likely to be caught and best state of tide?:help:Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am fishing Rossbeigh at the end of August , anyone any info ie what is likely to be caught and best state of tide?:help:Thanks in advance.
nice place ta fish as lomg as ya can stay away from the weed :headhurt: mainly flounders and small turbot ,you can have a chance to catch rays ,i have never caught one there but have seen a few caught in matches ,all worm baits and fish baits should see ya ok ,i wish ya luck .ps dont forget ta just forget about the fishing for a few minutes and take a good long look around at the scenery ,its magicical .:bye1:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts

I am going there on saturday for 2 weeks. Will let you know how i got on when I return. Yippee!!!!!!!

Incidentally, I have booked Kevin Brain at Waterville to act as a guide for the day - about 150 euros I think. He also does baits. :punk:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi Brad, only fished it once and the weed was awful.I was pegged around the middle of the beach and managed to catch some small flatties. There were a few rays landed nearer to the car park. This was middle September 2 years ago. Felt a bit like Inch without the bass, fantastic views though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps.Fished it once myself last year and had a few flounders until the weed got so bad I had to pack up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts