World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
i personally use a rig clip (the type you can clip a bait onto for casting),put it on upside down on your existing rig clip,then just clip the weight onto this for casting.obviously the 2 need connecting with a weak line:thumbs:

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
good luck.will be needing some myself tonight:thumbs:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
One thing about using that genie clip as a rotton bottom - make sure your casts are smooth or weight can come off the holding sleeve which will part lol:thumbs:

Are you going to Newton tonight Jangle...???

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
One thing about using that genie clip as a rotton bottom - make sure your casts are smooth or weight can come off the holding sleeve which will part lol:thumbs:

Are you going to Newton tonight Jangle...???

good point there browny.never had one come off,but if your cast produces any slack (which it should'nt),it's goodbye weight:g:.

·
Registered
934 Posts
dont mean to hijack the thread but wot strength weak link line should ni use for casting 100 yards or more?

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
dont mean to hijack the thread but wot strength weak link line should ni use for casting 100 yards or more?
The weak link isn't taking any strain mate - it's looped when clipped up to something in the various rotton bottom forms you can choose from...

I use 12lb line as a weak link!!! It's stronger when you thread the line through weights eye and again to cause a double sleeve - then grinner knot!!! If terrain is very rough and I'm losing all my end tackle due to no fishie action to part the lead from rig - I'll bite down onto the weak link (not through it but score it) and it'll part easier!!!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts

personally use the same as mainline,but with an overhand knot in the line.this weakens it,but allows some abrasion resistance.some venues will wear thinner line away nearly every cast.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Distance should not matter for rotten bottom i tend to use whatever my main line is with a couple of overhand knots in it seems to work for me hope this helps dai

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
i found that 25lb maxima weak link was snapping as i was casting:g:
Where you hooking the lead up to a hook or link of some sort the weak link should not be under stress when you cast only when snagged if using a rotten bottom stronger than your main line you wil be wasting your time dai

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
i had it tied to a gemini bait clip:yucky:
But was the lead hooked up to the clip?
tie clip upside down to rig tie rotten bottom to ring part of clip tie overhand knot then tie lead on hook lead to clip the clip will take the strain of the cast and release on hitting the water
or should do dai

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes browny mate is it ok over high shoul b there about 530 thanks 2 every1 for advice.jangle

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
yes browny mate is it ok over high shoul b there about 530 thanks 2 every1 for advice.jangle

I've never fished Newton over high mate - Newton point is a low water mark, 2.5hrs down - 2up...

Might be going myself tonight, dunno yet tho - I'm trying to sort something out!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts