World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
hello guys, whats your opinions on a good rough ground 3 piece rod please?
But what do you term/class a rough Ground Rod? There seems a Fetish on rough Ground rods yet most are just grounds that most rods will cope with or think there heavy going when rods nothing like it?
To be honest most shore venues an overly stiff rod will loose you more kit than one with a decent tip as too stiff will mean leads find crevices to hide in while better tips bend in tide and stay put.
Place i'd be using something poker wise is on cliffs/walls where above lead more

3 piece there are very few. Sunset had commander.think there are some Verets/Gloriosa/Colmic/Trabucco/Italcanna

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But what do you term/class a rough Ground Rod? There seems a Fetish on rough Ground rods yet most are just grounds that most rods will cope with or think there heavy going when rods nothing like it?
To be honest most shore venues an overly stiff rod will loose you more kit than one with a decent tip as too stiff will mean leads find crevices to hide in while better tips bend in tide and stay put.
Place i'd be using something poker wise is on cliffs/walls where above lead more

3 piece there are very few. Sunset had commander.think there are some Verets/Gloriosa/Colmic/Trabucco/Italcanna
hello, for me rough ground is the likes of south wales marks, aberthaw, llantwit etc.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
hello, for me rough ground is the likes of south wales marks, aberthaw, llantwit etc.
Trouble is with pokier rods unless investing a decent amount you can get a stiff rod but that's it's just stiff and lifeless ive italcanna Dynamises the OTG will poke 6oz out ok say's will do more.
But fished 6 and decent bait on chesil in a 2 metre sea handled that 3 piece 14ft odd. £400 can fish with either reel type but mostly use with Aero Techniums or power aeros on braid

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lots on the north east coast [yorkshire area] used the Shakespear 3 piece rods for fishing in to the kelp and rock.
Cant remember the model now but ill check.
red metal or affinty twin tip, same rod branded differently was popular a few years ago i used to use a triplex but found it had its limitations in the rough.
others 3 pieces to consider though ive never tried are vercelli enygma besta T, cinnetic raycast ultra heavy surf, zziplex gb 3 and tronix blastron to name a few

1 - 9 of 9 Posts