World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright chaps,

I'm after some advice on a rod for fishing, rough ground, heavy kelp beds, a was thinking of a Ron Tompson axellerator, Greys Apollo, or a century Komp, ad buy second had if anyone knows of any going. I will be using a slosh 30 if that helps. Regards stevo :thumbs:

·
Registered
608 Posts
plus; i cant really give any worth while advice on those makes of rods.

only owned three century rods:

Fireblade (i snappd that) :uhuh:
WR300 (i had that three weeks then sold it, it was like using a railway sleeper) :nonono:
& Tip Tornado match (bought as a job lot, used it a couple of times-and found it no better than what i was already using) :whistling

ive never used or owned the others makes. I know smithy uses one of the Kompressors though.

and johnny in our club owned an axellerator

·
Registered
209 Posts
ron thompson xcelerator mate ive had loads of rough ground rods inc century carbon metal/ greys apollo etc and this beats it all i paid £115 and they really are epic would recommend to everyone i havnt found a better rough ground rod yet!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont look at the komp sport, its not as stiff as it looks and it quite soft for a thick rod.
Av bin offered one bill off a friend from work,he's used it a few times, not a mark on it, in the rod bag for £150, I use a tippy sport so thought ad keep with century, said a can take it out and see what it's like, also got another pal lending me his axellerator 2night, will see :g::g:

·
Registered
11,553 Posts
Av bin offered one bill off a friend from work,he's used it a few times, not a mark on it, in the rod bag for £150, I use a tippy sport so thought ad keep with century, said a can take it out and see what it's like, also got another pal lending me his axellerator 2night, will see :g::g:
after years of using a tip sport i bought a komp sport for the rough stuff.

fished alongside the tip tornado it is no stronger. it would bend just as much lifting a whiting as the tip sport. having a through action it also feels a lot softer.

being heavier and thicker than a tip sport its no better in the rough stuff.

i sold mine and bought a wr300. i also won a komp sport and imediately sold that.

but... its your choice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[SUP][/SUP]
theres a lad on nesa looking to swap a ttr for a softer rod if you have one.
The only rods av got is me tippy sport which I won't part with and a ledda power icon, which I paid £120 used it 2 times and bought the tippy, it's nice like with hold whipping and you get a nice rod bag just like the century ones, it's got a inverted reducer

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TTR :thumbs:

or just get a axe, just as good for lobbing a bait into kelp and riveing a cod out. but with out the fancy name and big price tag.
Alright ash

Got me pals axellerator here and av found me rod lol nice and stiff to bully some fish out of the snags, av just rang northeast Tackel and they got them up the Sunderland shop for £139.99 but they nocking them out for 99.99. Guna get one wen I get paid :clap2::clap2: thanks for all the help lads :thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts