World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning all i was just wondering if there is Any thing new fishing line on the market for fishing rough ground ,at low tide.and what do you guys use Any way thanks in advance .word

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hello mate, i've still got Daiwa sensor surf 25lb on one reel and Penn Super Surf 25lb on the other. The penn Super surf is a really good line with slightly lower diametre than the Daiwa.
Both good lines and with good resistance to abrasion.

Don't do what I did and try Teklon, it's crap no good for abrasion at all:nono:

·
Registered
589 Posts
They do two good lines...a 15lb and a 25lb...both are pretty tough. The 15 lb will work if you are fishing close to the top and it attracts more bites. The 25lb is better for fishing the bottom. Veals supply thiasa line on mail order.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello mate, i've still got Daiwa sensor surf 25lb on one reel and Penn Super Surf 25lb on the other. The penn Super surf is a really good line with slightly lower diametre than the Daiwa.
Both good lines and with good resistance to abrasion.

Don't do what I did and try Teklon, it's crap no good for abrasion at all:nono:
hi Jon thanks for the reply, i also use daiwa sensor surf i use 30lb straight through but I'll drop down to 25 if i can get away with it.Ive noticed that the oyster beds are starting to spread far and wide were we fish as a result the line gets trashed after a few trips but hay if its the best still, then why change I'll give the Penn a go. teklon and me had a problem from the word go we parted on our first trip out :nonono:but hay live and learn .

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hi Paddy sounds interesting i'll give it a go thanks

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Oyster, mussel, chalk ledges and flint are all problems with line abrasion. All you can do is keep the rod punched high in the air and when you cast out make sure there's no over run, as soon as there's a bit of slackline it goes under or round something and frays it badly when you reel in. I learnt that lesson at Minnis lol, Manage to change my lines about twice a year:showoff:

Good luck on the Rock Marks mate:showoff:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
you could have a look at Relix Seamark line for your rock fishing, pretty good stuff!

lighty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts