World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps

The talking is nearly over, its nearly time for me to sample the delights of the west, Can anyone give me some final tips for rough ground fishing, beach and rocks.
Things like distance to cast, should I reccy a beach before fishing it, state of tide, that sort of thing. Not forgetting, many thanks for all the advice previously given.
I'll pm my mobile to a few of yer, if you fancy meeting thats cool, if not no worries

(Alan) FishermanFigg

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
were are you fishing from m8
Basically, anywhere on the map
including caerhays, porthbeor, Towan, Hemmick, along stretch of beach round the corner from Porthscatho, its called Gerrans bay on the map but, I cant remember the name of it pendower ?
Porthscatho rocks, when all else fails
can you think of anymore

FishermanFigg

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
hi figg,i know the area well good chance of spotted rays on selected marks i will pm them to you:secret:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
You shouldn't need a "rock rod", any decent 12-13 foot rod to cast 4-6oz around the 200 yard mark should do. A fast-retrieve reel, 20-25lb line and shock leader and you're away.

philtherod

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
if you have one i would bring a rock rod mate as the area has got a lot of very rough ground holding some good fishing from st antonys to the dodman points:) a decent bass rod is more than enough for the clean beaches/harbour walls etc.

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
if you have one i would bring a rock rod mate as the area has got a lot of very rough ground holding some good fishing from st antonys to the dodman points:) a decent bass rod is more than enough for the clean beaches/harbour walls etc.
your starting to sound like ted tuckerman :g: :g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
rayking, the guy is travelling down from kent so im giving him as much GOOD advice as i can because i KNOW AND FISH the area a LOT!

i like the ted tuckerman bit tho i met him when i was a kid at meva:) smashing bloke...

·
61,171 Posts
rayking, the guy is travelling down from kent so im giving him as much GOOD advice as i can because i KNOW AND FISH the area a LOT!

i like the ted tuckerman bit tho i met him when i was a kid at meva:) smashing bloke...
i know , thought i would chuck in some humour :D:D:D

·
61,171 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts