World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date 23/7/07
Time 7.30am-16.00pm
Bait , squid, rag,lug, herring fillet,mackerel fillet, feathers, rubber shads, spoons.
Sea, calm
Weather, hot sunny

Went out from Felixstowe ferry, with 7 others anglers, in total we had around 15 smooth hound, weights ranged from 7-11lb, my fish was crowned the biggest of the day at just over double figures i'm calling it 11lb, these smoothies put up a good fight thats for sure..:showoff:

We had a few other fish mainly dogs fish , pouting and whiting, all in all a good day, a tad disapointed but thats fishing, I was hoping one of us would land a bass..

We put a few feathers out, water too dirty if there were any macs about and thats a big IF, needless to say we didn't catch on feathers, one guy tried a bit of spinning, came to nothing..

I've got a few pics i'll add tomorrow

P.S all fish were returned to fight another day

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
nice one Roller, some nice smoothies...you need to get out past the shipwash before the water really gets clear round here. or should have asked the skipper to give you a couple of drifts over the threshold wreck, not far from the towers. had some bass and makkies off there last month

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pics arn't the best, and the smoothie looks smaller in the picture than 11lb, but everyone on the boat considered it a double figure fish..

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Perhaps it is a poor photo, but.....

Roller - I love ya an' all, but..........there's no way that's
a double. IMO. Six, maybe seven at a push.

Your skipper must wear magnifying glasses mate, and oughta know better.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps it is a poor photo, but.....

Roller - I love ya an' all, but..........there's no way that's
a double. IMO. Six, maybe seven at a push.

Your skipper must wear magnifying glasses mate, and oughta know better.
Its a a really bad photo mate, looking at the picture , it looks like the smallest fish of the day, I wish id had my scales..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts