2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have much success with these ?

been using 5 ounce and you do seem to be able to bully the lead out

no good on big tides though, simply wont hold

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I found that they were o.k. on slack tides, but on a spring would drag into a snag.

If you are fishing into "coral" (tubeworms) you may find that you can bully them out after that, but in hard rock crevices, it is "goodbye" a bit too often.

I used to use spoon leads (literally moulded in a dessert spoon) but now tend to use wired leads unless there is some reason I really want the lead to "wander".

Bristol Channel.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
They seem to have found some favour in the Pembroke area for rough ground. Have bought a few but not tried them yet.

John

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I do like to use them for pollack fishing over reefs and wrecks sometimes as they have a tendancy to bounce of the objects. Although to be honest i prefer the Bopedo type leads as they drop faster and truer and are easier to get hold off.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Revolution leads are great on rough ground. They're flat and act like a lead lift. Only problem is that they dont cast that well. Not a problem though for close in work.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Revolution leads are great on rough ground. They're flat and act like a lead lift. Only problem is that they dont cast that well. Not a problem though for close in work.
:)i use them all the time now. they even lie flat on the beaches, less resistance 2 tide movement-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts