World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
if its the yellow 0.31 line on 1/4lb spool it should be about 3000 meters a lot of the lines though on the big spools are what the tournament casting boys use and for fishing they cast great but any snags or rocks and they snap like cotton!!! you are far better going with the ultima range of main lines they might be a bit more expensive but your line is one of the most important bits of kit The ultima F1 has never let me down it casts great knots well snd about the best all rounf line on the market never scrimp on your line main line or leader A quick tip pop into your local pound shop and see if they sell The kids round long pencil cases there great for putting your line in I get 2 ultima spools 2-3 greased weasels and 2-3 amnesia spoold and still s bit of room left over the one i got is just a bit bigger dia than ultima spools and about 12-13 in long great for storing lines

·
Registered
20,599 Posts
if its the yellow 0.31 line on 1/4lb spool it should be about 3000 meters a lot of the lines though on the big spools are what the tournament casting boys use and for fishing they cast great but any snags or rocks and they snap like cotton!!! you are far better going with the ultima range of main lines they might be a bit more expensive but your line is one of the most important bits of kit The ultima F1 has never let me down it casts great knots well snd about the best all rounf line on the market never scrimp on your line main line or leader A quick tip pop into your local pound shop and see if they sell The kids round long pencil cases there great for putting your line in I get 2 ultima spools 2-3 greased weasels and 2-3 amnesia spoold and still s bit of room left over the one i got is just a bit bigger dia than ultima spools and about 12-13 in long great for storing lines
:) Daiwa tournament if you're fussy or their cheaper one if you're not, the cheaper one, forget the name, is more abrasion resistant but vey good value. :)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Been using rovex 24lb 0.40 diameter for over a year great line the 19lb is 0.35 diameter get a extra 5lb with only 0.05 difference diameter I never notice the difference

·
Registered
635 Posts
:) Daiwa tournament if you're fussy or their cheaper one if you're not, the cheaper one, forget the name, is more abrasion resistant but vey good value. :)
the yellow diswa line is sd you say a good choice of linr I use to use a lot before I changed over to ultima the diawa knots well and is pretty good when fishing slightly rougher gtound casts well in 0.40 20lb on my abu 7000ct plus you can see where your line is going but for fishing clean ground I alwsys load up with ultima F1

·
Registered
992 Posts
Lol. Rovex is a far better line than that F1 junk

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Getting a bit off topic here ! anyhoo, just checked a spool of the x 10 14lb, it clearly states it has 3028 meters on, but what it doesn't say (and I can't find it either) is what size of spool it is, whether it's a 1/4 kilo or what, if you paid for a quarter kilo i would take it back as you obviously have the standard normal spool. One thing though, doe's it actually state 3028m on the spool but only have a third of the line on ?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi,

A 1000m line (approx) are 4oz spools, not quarter kilo .....:whistling:

Gert

·
Registered
635 Posts
Lol. Rovex is a far better line than that F1 junk
hi rusty dont you find that the ultima sits better on the spool and its a softer line than the rovex is less likley to birdy and when trying to pull out of snagd streches more snd you lose less rigs I do have rovex on s couple of 6500 but tend to use them when on piers where distance is not so important but ig I'm on s beach then I use my 7HT turbos loaded with ultima maybe its just a personal thing but I really do find it comes off the reel so much smoother than rovex on clean beaches where a bit more distance is needed I certainly wont knock rovex its a good line

1 - 16 of 16 Posts