World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for the above, have just rebuilt a boat rod and i am now looking for a replacement ferullie for the handle butt section.
tried to find one but they only seem to go upto 25 mm, i need one 33mm internal. most firms online who have this size will only sell in packs of 10 .
thanks for reading.

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
I probably could if I new what the heck a rubber ferullie was ?

:giveup: :giveup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gona stop the french lessons. i should have put rubber ferruls as in bottom of walking sticks etc. no problem stan i have found one hopefully.:secret:

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Aha, thought I was going barmy never heard of a rubber ferruile, neither had google

Matter of interest its a rubber butt cap you need ferrules are metal tubes that join the rod sections together on normally older rods.

Anyway if you`re stuck I`ve got 32mm, sure they will stretch a mm. Some size of a butt cap for a boat rod by the way, aint putting it over the grip are you, normally 17 - 22mm handles even 50lb rods with gimbals. :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its for a 4 piece shimano 30-50lbs i have cut the gimble of as it very tatty. totally rebuilt the rod and shrinktube the handle setion so including the shrinktube its 33.72mm

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
its for a 4 piece shimano 30-50lbs i have cut the gimble of as it very tatty. totally rebuilt the rod and shrinktube the handle setion so including the shrinktube its 33.72mm

Sounds fair enough, if you cant get one you think you`ve sourced I`ve had one in the drawer for ages, you`re welcome to it, cant remember why or when I got it. FOC

:)

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
go to any hardware store who supply walking sticks and you may find that they also supply what you need in a variety of sizes. the difference is that they are just as good, and a lot cheaper than you pay in tackle shops

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds fair enough, if you cant get one you think you`ve sourced I`ve had one in the drawer for ages, you`re welcome to it, cant remember why or when I got it. FOC

:)
hopefully my mate is sending me one in the post, thanks for the offer stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts