World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I managed, with my lack of casting technique, to snap the top joint of my Shark! I posted about it and various folk helped with suggestions. Shambrook no longer builds rods as he's too busy with 'Anyfish Anywhere' but his old website gave a Tel. number for his chief rod builder who told me to contact Century who were supplying the tip blanks. Sure enough a 'phone call elicited excellent service! What a company, as good as its superlative products! They were able to supply the blank and also to do this complete with rings etc! As a final service they also wrote 'swelleyman' on it for me! (in case I forget!) All this at a competitive price and delivered very safely to my holiday destination over in Lowestoft!

It would be nice to report that I caught this huge bass first cast but I was satisfied with the way the butt of my rod was reunited with the perfectly fitting new tip (smooth as silk!) I swear I heard the sounds of greeting!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good result swelleyman. :clap3:

On a slightly different but similar theme - I asked Century to repair a Sharpes of Aberdeen fly rod I broke accidentally (electric car window :schmoll: ) and they did a superb job - really quickly at a nominal cost.

Sharpes are apparently in financial administration but I discovered Century made the original rods for them and I rang them up for some help. Really nice folk and salvaged a brilliant rod for me. :clap2:

I asked how many other firms out there are they mopping up for and all I got was a laugh and some good banter. These guys are not only great to deal with but to my mind pretty damned gracious about some of the "here today and gone tomorrow outfits" that have populated the tackle world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts