World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions about rubber tubing or silicone tubing

1 Can it be used as part of a Pennel rig to fix the top hook instead of the line twist method.

2 Does anybody use it to cover there shockleader not,i was thinking it may cut down on the weed build up.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Yes, silicone tubing works well with pennel rigs to hold the upper snood - but as for covering shockleader with tubing.... I can't see it having any obvious advantages.

G

·
As Martyn says. I find a drop of superglue on the shockleader knot forms a nice smooth "bead" which helps reduce weed gathering.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
putting it on your leader will prob cause more probs when casting :huh: but dont know for sure not tried to do it

·
Registered
206 Posts
Using it for the pennel = yes
Using it for the shockleader = you better not go there it will end up somewhere on your mainline during the cast. Hanging in there as a nice weedcatcher.....having a match with his knotbrother....:clap:

·
Registered
601 Posts
the majority of my rigs have tubing for the top hook but as far as on the shock knot goes:nono: i think i tried it years ago but obviously didnt stick to it so i dont think it was any good.:wacko: i agree with the lads maybe a small drop of glue to smooth it off.:fishing1::thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts