World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two durite volt meters that rusted to bu66ery after only one season. Durite didn't want to know. I bought them from a stand an unknown stand the boat show last year, so can't take them back. Rubbing down the outer and rear of the bezel for re-painting is no problem - but how do I manage to do the inside without scraping the glass?

The meters are sealed and I can't take them apart. The best I can think of is the corner of a fine paint scraper?

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Mask off the glass with tape before you start and cut around the inside of the bezel with a stanley before you start to protect the glass

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At £28 each you can bet your big hairy 4rse I'm going to get these ones going Norrie!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole thing is a sealed unit Raj. If the bezels were detachable, I'd be over the moon.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
I have done something similar to keep a rustifying piece of metalwork on the boat going for a few more years. I smooth it down as best I can with wet n dry and a scraper, then apply that rust-converter stuff that turns a sort of chemical black. Painted over with a quality black paint it has kept going for 12 years so far.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
I think norrie meant the bezels on there own? But correct me if I'm wrong Norrie?
Nope, I meant get "new" ones...probobly around a fiver each too...from the scrappies...:):) With nice black plastic surrounds, so no rust.......sealed units too...;):)

·
Registered
584 Posts
On a similar line, my boat does not have an engine hours meter, plenty of room to fit one. At £33 + delivery + VAT! ASAP best price I can find. We have a boat jumble coming up in 3 weeks, I will get shafted?

Anyone got any ideas where I might get one at a better price (tight old s*d that I am). Not worried if it does not match existing instruments, it will be mounted away from the main cluster.

ET's OPO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts