World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could not help but rant on this morning.. went to ogmore deeps.... lovely spot to fish but...... well i can't help but get hot tempered when all i see all over is half a ton of litter left there constantly left but those who fish there, batterys, plastic bags, beer bottles.. excrement.... this is not doing anyone any favours.those i fish with know now that if i have go there i always take a couple of bin bags and set of sterile gloves from work and clear the surrounding areas.. glad to see the pair fishing near me got the hint this time and followed suit. i know it can be a quite a walk and on the way back it feels x2 as far , conservation is a key issue and must start with our own actions surely. it realy does not take much to get into good practice.one of the most disturbing points came about several weeks ago in a hot spell a friend and myself and his kid went fishing again it looked like the local amenity tip there... with the added s**t etc..... a day or so later the child was seriously ill, fortunately recovered now. makes ya wonder about the other time we've been down there or places like it and had a sniffle a raging sore throat post fishing. (( steps off soap box and sups a cuppa....sorry felt a little strongly on that one this morning )) did not help that i blanked.. my inept fishing technique strikes again

·
Registered
383 Posts
i totally agree with youit makes my blood boil just reading these reports.its my favourite spot for high water. i am becoming p*s*ed off with these lazy b**t**ds who do not simply pick their litter up when they are done fishing and deposit it in the bin in the car park.quite simple really. i have fished the deeps for 20 + years now and i am sorry to say it was never that bad back then. (that makes me sound old )we used to be able to leave fish in the rock pools to keep them fresh but simply wouldn't contemplate it now. if i drop anything in the pools now i often tend to bin it.what impression does this give non anglers who see this mess, its only giving the anti sport idiots ammunition.the future is not looking rosie for the next generation of anglers with depleted stocks etc lets not spoil it for them.i know it doesn't apply to the majority of us using this site but how do
we get this simple message into their skulls BAG IT AND BIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad:

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi robski,its becomeing a big problem everywhere,u are help by picking the rubbish,let your coucil no,talk to your local paper,local groups will come and clean the beach.shaggy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts