World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called into Pigeon holes Llandundo yeasterday moring fro a few hours before heading of to Angelsey, had a very enjoyable few hours, after i had collected a carrier bag full rubbish left by other anglers, which consisted of soft/alcohol drink cans (7 in total), bait wrapping (has anyone ever told these people plastic is not bio-degradable), a huge mass of line, one sock (colour blue with a white stripe).

Sadly i had forgotton my camera as i would have taken a picture of the lost items as maybe the owner, may have liked his sock back................

What does it take to take your rubbish home with you or to the drop it of into a waste bin. I always take a couple of carrier bags with, just in case i get something worth keeping, and put my rubbish in one of these.

So please fellow anglers lets treat our beloved coatsline with the respect it deserves and not lay fuel for the fire of these so called animal / countryside rights campaigners.

I know I am speaking a minority, but we all must do what we can, it was not the first time i have cleared up after someone else and I am sure it wont be the last.

There thats me done.

·
Registered
199 Posts
its the same at most places i have been, rubbish all over the place. i remember we went to bell rock next to the penlee lifeboat station, it smelt of pee even with wind blowing the other way :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi i totally agree with you i took my daughters with me the other day to chesil (they keep on when can we come ) and to my horror one of my daughters who is 8 pulled up some line in which to my horror had 4 mackerel hooks still attached plastic bags empty squid boxes and a few empty cans of beer. Please just bag it and bin it

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi rubber frog,go to LLANDUDNO a lot ,its getting very bad with rubbish,they just lost there blue flag,left hooks line etc not good.shaggy

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shaggy said:
hi rubber frog,go to LLANDUDNO a lot ,its getting very bad with rubbish,they just lost there blue flag,left hooks line etc not good.shaggy
If they have lost there blue flag due to anglers then something needs to be done with the offenders, a filleting knife and a pair of pliers springs to mind. It is going to be the minority that leave there discarded bits of tackle and rubbish. I can only that we all need to do are bit for the safety of our sport.

I will continue to tidy up after these louts :(

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Unfortunately the sort who leave rubbish don't read from sites like this! Can't see why the most popular beaches can't have patrols to enforce normal laws about littering. Problem with this I suppose that much might be discarded at night (that would be a great excuse "Couldn't see it ossifer as it was dark and me headtorch was on the blink!")

Mind you the tourist-discarded/lost tackle was always a godsend when I was a lad (still is for one on a pension!) as I'd collect it all, keep the good swivels and leads, and bin the rest! Filled a carrier bag this last wkend under the Menai Suspension Bridge - only masses of mono. though so perhaps there's a modern mini-swelly who cuts off the best bits and leaves the rest for me to hoover up! Discarded line is more a problem to sea birds still, perhaps the stuff should carry a Government Health Warning?

Perhaps Bait should only be packaged in Bio-degradable plastic? Don't know about drinks cans though, or socks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts