World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am looking for a medium sized rucksack. I have one of the Salt ones but find it is too big for a single session. I normally take rigs, reels, weights, bait containers, food and drink and general items ( I stopped the kitchen sink requirement years ago) so I dont need a large one, but like them with several pockets etc. Any advice or preferences?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Berghaus Centurio gets my vote, not to big on its own but only has two lid pockets;
but attach the two Molle Pouches which is an extra cost and it becomes a very good well made fishing bag, plenty of Pals fixings too, extremly durable (sofar) but a bit stiff on your back.
Think there is a vid review of it on British Blades or was.

lighty

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have the Grey's not too big just right for me wouldn't be without it had it a few years now it goes with me on the boats too & its 100% waterproof just have t look after the zips if it went for any reason i would replace it with another the same its been that good

·
Registered
15,500 Posts
Agree with Tatch .....I really like my Grays. It has two downsides though, no extra straps on the top for lashing on a waterproof jacket, and as I fish rocks and rough ground occasionally, I would have liked some side straps to fasten my rod and tripod vertically, so as to leave my hands free for clambering over boulders. I have fitted my own side straps easily enough though.
The Grays has one front pocket, and two side ones, plenty of room inside, and one thing I really like is that when you put it down and open the top, the whole inside is open and easily accessible,the "lid" flips back, and the main compartment holds its square shape, so many rucksacks tend to "fold up " on you when rummaging around inside, not the Grays though.
Make sure you treat the zips to avoid salt build up, I use WD40 and a toothbrush, no probs in two years so far. :bye1:

Sounds like a product review, maybe it is..... I dont really rate Grays rods since they went far east though. :bye2:

Dave

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's worth a look at what the carp boys use, too, they tend to carry at least as much stuff as we do, and the gear seems to be quite well made. I've had a fair few rucksacks over the years, none of which I've been completely happy with, but picked up a "Trekker" on e-bay a few months ago, and so far , it's pretty well everything I need- think it's around 35 litres, but if so, it's a very roomy 35 litres, waterproof, too, and doesn't fall over when you put it down! (don't go for the bigger 90 litre one-it's enormous, and very heavy). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys, some food for thought there. Will start trawling the net for details and reviews now, Thanks all:victory:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have a look at Army Patrol Packs mate tough as old boots,comfy to carry & available in various sizes,tried loads of "carp/fishing tackle" ruckys mostly inferior quality at an inflated price.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I bought a 30l from Blacks in a sale for £20, sealed zips etc, I use it for spinning. I agree with above, don't think a special fishing one offers much more.
For beach work I use the Salt, huge space handy for gloves, spare reels etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.