World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
View attachment 165270

Photographic evidence suggests there are still spaces available. :roll1:

Good to see that you have awoken from hibernation SCG , all fresh and ready for a seasons hunting , making us laugh with that comedy snippet , very good :roll1:

I didnt really hibernate at all , but havent made a kill in months so to speak , bit like a polar bear roaming the frozen arctic tundra , living off its fat reserves until spring comes again !

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pushed the snow away from the mouth of the cave and saw a Swallow so I thought it was time to wake up. I've been antagonising the Pike during the dark months but dreams of a silver torpedo are starting to invade my waking hours! The wait is killing me.

See you soon I hope.

Cheers SCG :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I reckon the photo is of Istanbul. I went to that bridge once, to take a look. The odd thing is how few tangles they get.
A few more small bass showing down in Cornwall -- but right now the water is too stirred up and weedy for lures. Maybe next week.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Porthkerris looks like that in the summer when the mackerel are in force.!

I reckon the photo is of Istanbul. I went to that bridge once, to take a look. The odd thing is how few tangles they get.
A few more small bass showing down in Cornwall -- but right now the water is too stirred up and weedy for lures. Maybe next week.
I'm lookin for those bass leaky! Hoping Saturday's light winds are going to hold up and give a good day for a fish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
looks a bit like folkestone pier when the mackeral are in lol!
hi Bass

I recently moved to Looe , I’ve just started sea fishing last week, or LRF should I say .
I fished around Looe (white rock) and a few other places along the quay side last week and blanked...
I had a lot of trouble with my soft lures picking up all the moving seaweed on literally every cast.

I managed to buy a weedless soft lure and tried again, I started on the rocks near portnadler and got 2 wrasse in a couple of hours and then headed over to hannafore rocks (close to the harbour entrance) for another hour and had another wrasse (first time I have ever caught wrasse)

2 of the wrasse were around 1.5 - 2pound and put up such a great fight I am now buzzing to get back out again and specifically aim for wrasse .

Is there any good places you know of where I can aim for wrasse generally between Looe and pen Carrow ?
Willing to travel further if needed though .

Im looking for a mark where I can aim for big wrasse, would love to feel the fight of a 5 pounder .

I’m also looking for a mark where I can go to aim for numbers of wrasse rather than weight , somewhere I can go and catch a dozen small baby wrasse

really appreciate any help or advice you could give me

·
Registered
720 Posts
hi Bass

I recently moved to Looe , I’ve just started sea fishing last week, or LRF should I say .
I fished around Looe (white rock) and a few other places along the quay side last week and blanked...
I had a lot of trouble with my soft lures picking up all the moving seaweed on literally every cast.

I managed to buy a weedless soft lure and tried again, I started on the rocks near portnadler and got 2 wrasse in a couple of hours and then headed over to hannafore rocks (close to the harbour entrance) for another hour and had another wrasse (first time I have ever caught wrasse)

2 of the wrasse were around 1.5 - 2pound and put up such a great fight I am now buzzing to get back out again and specifically aim for wrasse .

Is there any good places you know of where I can aim for wrasse generally between Looe and pen Carrow ?
Willing to travel further if needed though .

Im looking for a mark where I can aim for big wrasse, would love to feel the fight of a 5 pounder .

I’m also looking for a mark where I can go to aim for numbers of wrasse rather than weight , somewhere I can go and catch a dozen small baby wrasse

really appreciate any help or advice you could give me
Frank, I do realise you are fairly new here (it wasn't long ago I joined the masses!) but did you realise that you have replied to a post that is 7 years old? You might get a response but don't get too excited! Good luck Wrassing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts