World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was chatting to an extrawlerman (hi informed me) today in Swansea marina that 12 bass were brought in earlier caught on rapalas trolling in the bay upto about 3lb.
He went on to tell me that that one of his mates down west had 4 small tuna in his net upto about 10lb. If it is true what could we be fishing for in the next 10 years?
Who would of thought 10 year ago we could catch Trigger fish regulary off the mumbles in the future.
Who is up for a spot of Marlin fishing off the Swigg!!!!

G

·
was chatting to an extrawlerman (hi informed me) today in Swansea marina that 12 bass were brought in earlier caught on rapalas trolling in the bay upto about 3lb.
He went on to tell me that that one of his mates down west had 4 small tuna in his net upto about 10lb. If it is true what could we be fishing for in the next 10 years?
Who would of thought 10 year ago we could catch Trigger fish regulary off the mumbles in the future.
Who is up for a spot of Marlin fishing off the Swigg!!!!
marlin off the swigg im up for that with lite tackle:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
698 Posts
imagine hooking into one of those on a kayak down west!.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh:blink:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
hi mate i was on my boat in the mariner the other day and was talking 2 a guy on the southern cross...he had 8bass nothing big on raparlas he was trolling at 3 knots if 11-15ft off water all the way from the in the bay up to the worm he gets them ill defo be doing it when im out on the boat next...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Me and a_bozzy had a good few last summer best marks are around the gower area. That is most probly true about the 12 bass as the guy was most prob trolling 3 rapalas. The only reason why he shouldn have had 12 bass doing this is if the bass aint here in numbers yet. So who knows!:g:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
if tuna or any other big game fish did turn up, it wouldnt be long before there wiped out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:schmoll: :uhuh: :schmoll: :uhuh:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I hooked a small tuna (I think) or bonito off Roscoff in Brittany on the fly a couple of years ago lost it on the surface after a 15 minute battle on a 11 wt fly rod!It was like being attached to a super charged vibrator!Could only have been 2-3lb.
The local fishing boats landed a few small tuna 2 days later,Brittany is less than 100 miles from British waters.

·
Registered
276 Posts
A very good friend of mine hooked and lost at the boat a Barracuda of about 8 lbs. I wasn`t there but everyone on the boat saw it and my mate for one ain`t got the imagination to think that one up...sorry Paul if you happen to see this! This happened about 6 years ago and was while they were drifting the Manacles.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Where did you catch that? Was it SUNBURNT?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Marcus what have you been told about letting your imagination run riot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts