World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Gents,
Me at Fulf set out for a late evening early morning arriving at our chosen venue, only to find the small bay alight with anglers headlamps We set out for another venue, thinking that this wasn't the most auspicious of starts to our evening fishing . On our arrival I immediately found a 20p coin on the floor, so I passed in on to Fulf for good luck, and as I did I noticed a bright shooting star, I thinking to myself, is this going to be the night.
We arrived at the bay to find that the wind was a light North easterly off shore from right to left, the sea was flat calm like a witches tit. with a small ruffle from the light off shore wind. Fulf went with the new Savage gear white paddle tail and I clipped on a Asturie in nacre. We done the usual cast plop, cast plop varying the angle to complete the fan pattern.We have never fished a tide this big at this venue before and after a while small reefs and kelp forest started appearing that we never new were there definitely something to note for the future.
It was a cracking evening starlight with wisps of high light clouds occasionally hiding the various constellation that were putting in a wonderous show for us. Several more shooting stars were spotted, me and a previous friend firmly believed that a shooting star was an omen for a good catch.
I changed the Asturie for a Feed shallow in Ayu and was rewarded with two sharp pull backs in successive casts unfortunately neither connected with the sharp ends of the lure. Fulf had put on a white and green Kommomo 11 which could be charged with the light of the headlamp. Half a dozen cast a he was rewarded with a fish probably about half a pound but when you were on a long run of blanks like we were it was very welcome.
For me I rifled through several lures giving them all about 20 minutes a spindleworm, Maria 95, Shoreline shinner R50, little patch 500g the large patch 500g another Shoreline shinner in a different pattern but no coconut. We knocked it on the at about 2.30am with my little pinkies a bit on the cold side and having trouble changing the lure with the rather small egg clip, a mental note for the future, bigger lure clips for colder weather lol Never the less it was a beautiful evening a good evening to be out type of evening, ok conditions weren't the best, but with all the signs I thought maybe tonight's the night, but Hey ho pick yourself up dust yourself down and get on with it before Boris intervenes and we can't. Onwards and upwards gents be lucky

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hi Gents,
Me at Fulf set out for a late evening arriving early morning at our chosen venue, only to find the small bay alight with anglers headlamps We set out for another venue, thinking that this wasn't the most auspicious of starts to our evening fishing . On our arrival I immediately found a 20p coin on the floor, so I passed in on to Fulf for good luck, and as I did I noticed a bright shooting star, I thinking to myself, is this going to be the night.
We arrived at the bay to find that the wind was a light North easterly off shore from right to left, the sea was flat calm like a witches tit. with a small ruffle from the light off shore wind. Fulf went with the new Savage gear white paddle tail and I clipped on a Asturie in nacre. We done the usual cast plop, cast plop varying the angle to complete the fan pattern.We have never fished a tide this big at this venue before and after a while small reefs and kelp forest started appearing that we never new were there definitely something to note for the future.
It was a cracking evening starlight with wisps of high light clouds occasionally hiding the various constellation that were putting in a wonderous show for us. Several more shooting stars were spotted, me and a previous friend firmly believed that a shooting star was an omen for a good catch.
I changed the Asturie for a Feed shallow in Ayu and was rewarded with two sharp pull backs in successive casts unfortunately neither connected with the sharp ends of the lure. Fulf had put on a white and green Kommomo 11 which could be charged with the light of the headlamp. Half a dozen cast a he was rewarded with a fish probably about half a pound but when you were on a long run of blanks like we were it was very welcome.
For me I rifled through several lures giving them all about 20 minutes a spindleworm, Maria 95, Shoreline shinner R50, little patch 500g the large patch 500g another Shoreline shinner in a different pattern but no coconut. We knocked it on the at about 2.30am with my little pinkies a bit on the cold side and having trouble changing the lure with the rather small egg clip, a mental note for the future, bigger lure clips for colder weather lol Never the less it was a beautiful evening a good evening to be out type of evening, ok conditions weren't the best, but with all the signs I thought maybe tonight's the night, but Hey ho pick yourself up dust yourself down and get on with it before Boris intervenes and we can't. Onwards and upwards gents be lucky
Good bit of graft Bri and Fulf. Those big tides ain’t for everyone...

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good bit of graft Bri and Fulf. Those big tides ain’t for everyone...
They are really interesting to see the topography of places you regularly fish but never see

·
Registered
217 Posts
They are really interesting to see the topography of places you regularly fish but never see
Yes. I've been going down to my marks to see what I could see. I've discovered what causes a tide lane just off the headland, though I suppose that's academic because I always fish it anyway. What got me was how different things looked, almost like a different mark.
I love stargazing whilst I'm fishing, when I should be concentrating on the lure. Does slow you down though, and as I had my p.b under a meteor storm three weeks ago I can confirm shooting stars are indeed lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts