World Sea Fishing Forums banner

runnydown?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  whitingcatcher66 
G
#1 ·
can you use normal yellowtail lug to make runnydown? some people have said yes and others say no.

their normally made from black lug but surely you can make them from any lugworm?

after all it is only the skin you salt so surely the worms cant differ too much in texture....

is it possible or just not worth the hassle or has anyone tried it???

G
#2 ·
as soon as someone asks a general question(runnydown) nobody replies, but as soon as someone mentions people getting hit in the head with sinkers everybody replies!!!!
this is a fishing forum, isnt it????

sorry in advance but i think its a good, genuine question.....

#3 ·
yellowtails are runnydown as thier are 2 kinds of lugworm according to the scientists they just vary in size around the country and the skins turn black when run down the bigger worms are the best as when you gut them they shrink in size and go even smaller and stiffer with salt depending on how much you put on them i personally when i have access to the big worms on the big tides gut them straight away rinse them off in sea water then dry them out on newspaper for a few hours then wrap them up in paper then put them in a zip & seal back so they can,t get freezer burn hope this helps this is just my way of doing it thier is some good videos on yhe net if you have a bit search which are very informative.

G
#4 ·
yellowtails are runnydown as thier are 2 kinds of lugworm according to the scientists they just vary in size around the country and the skins turn black when run down the bigger worms are the best as when you gut them they shrink in size and go even smaller and stiffer with salt depending on how much you put on them i personally when i have access to the big worms on the big tides gut them straight away rinse them off in sea water then dry them out on newspaper for a few hours then wrap them up in paper then put them in a zip & seal back so they can,t get freezer burn hope this helps this is just my way of doing it thier is some good videos on yhe net if you have a bit search which are very informative.
thanks for the info. much appreciated

#5 ·
as soon as someone asks a general question(runnydown) nobody replies, but as soon as someone mentions people getting hit in the head with sinkers everybody replies!!!!
this is a fishing forum, isnt it????

sorry in advance but i think its a good, genuine question.....
Sorry to dampen your spirit but runnydown is a term only used in the northeast

if you had put the title to lugworm lots more people would have looked and helped you

dont have a go because you used a local slang name and then dont get answeres

this is world sea fishing he he he :laugh::laugh:

ETEC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.