World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The venue for our next meet on Saturday the 24th March Fishing from 11.30am to 4.30pm, entry to the competion is free, register on the day between 10.30am and 11am at the public carpark, bottom of the bank, Runswick bay.

Boundaries: Kettleness point to Lingrow Knock. Basically the full North and South of the bay.

First prize: minimum of £50 for heaviest fish only. Possible £100 pay out!

Second prize: £30 for second heaviest fish.

Third prize: £20 for third heaviest fish.

N.F.S.A. size limits apply.

The competition is open to all W.S.F. members and anglers agreed by our sponser Pigeon Ian. So if you have a friend who is a non member and they would like to enter, get in touch with Pigeon Ian.

I am now taking names for the meet but even if your name is not down and you fancy coming along on the day, just pop along and you can either enter the competition or simply have a bit of crack with the W.S.F. members.

Jarrow viking-Pigeon Ian-Cod master-Andy p-Rusty 51-Fatlad-Blackwizard- X cast and Dad-Hibbdogg

Some pictures and links for those of you who are not familiar with the area and who may be considering coming along. Pictures c/o Mike Sawdon (Mike).

Runswick bay village, parking is in the public carpark near the bottom of the bank, left of the picture.

The whole bay looking from Kettleness point with the beach and rocks visible over low tide.

The excellent Photorecce site with lots of detail about Runswick bay.
http://www.photorecce.co.uk/runswick.html

Multimap of the area.

The exact time and more details will be finalised this Wednesday. A small amount of prize money donated by the generous Pigeon Ian :clap3: will be available for various fish catches.

I am looking forward to this one, hopefully we can see you there.:clap2:

·
Registered
421 Posts
A little info about runswick please... easiest route from hartlepool?, is it just beach or a pier near by? how does it fish?

·
Registered
296 Posts
If the sea is up or theres plenty of colour in the water fishing low water through the day might be ok as it opens up a lot more area for people to fish,ie.the rocks around to the left hand side and also under the cliffs past the yatch club wich is were some of the better marks are.
If its flat calm and crystal clear there wont be a great deal around because of it been so shallow in the bay.
Thing is if we fish later up to high water we will have to move about a bit as there wont be a great deal of beach left in front of the yatch club as its just short of a 5 mtr tide. (19:45ish is high water).We wont get cut off though as theres a track on top of the mud bank behind us that leads you right back to the other end of the beach.
Hope to see plenty turn up whatever time its on.

andy.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am leaning more towards a meet from 11.30am until 4.30pm. People then have more choice over where in the bay they would like to try. Personally I would love to go along to Kettleness and fish amongst the kelp for a couple of hours and then go onto the beach.
Remember there is £100 prize money to be claimed, which I think we should split between the first three places, heaviest fish only. First heaviest fish will claim £50, second heaviest fish £30 and third £20.
If there is only one fish caught £100 will go to the lucky captor, if only two fish caught £70 to the winner, £30 for second place.

·
Registered
296 Posts
does anyone know if many flatties get caught from the beach i always thought it was very weedy
It can be weedy at times paul but in general its a clean beach mate.There might be a bit about on saturday with the bit of rough we are getting though.ill be fishing the rocks most of the day looking for something with a bit of weight in it.lol

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
It can be weedy at times paul but in general its a clean beach mate.There might be a bit about on saturday with the bit of rough we are getting though.ill be fishing the rocks most of the day looking for something with a bit of weight in it.lol
cheers andy its just if i come i will only be able to use very light tackle.....if my plaster comes off on thursday

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Just a thought, with the winds expected this week, is it fishable on a big sea? It will have dropped by the weekend, hopefully, but you never know.

Its fishable even in the biggest of seas :) Ill be down to nick andy P's hotspot before he gets there :unsure:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.