World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOKING TO SIT A RYA LEVEL 2 COURSE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO SUCH AS HOW LONG THE COURSE LASTS, AND WHERE IN MY AREA I CAN DO IT I LIVE IN SOUTH WALES AREA.THANX:boat: :boat:

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Rya Level 2 is a 2 day course.

"The RYA Level 2 Powerboat course Description
This two-day course provides the skills and background knowledge needed to drive a powerboat and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence. It includes Close quarters handling, high speed manoeuvres, man overboard recovery and collision regulations. The course can be taken inland or on the coast and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly."

Normally costs in the region of £250 to £300

G

·
I did Levels 1 & 2 at the same time and over 2 days, so assumed that it was a day per course, but it was nearly 5 years ago so I think my memory must be going:unsure: :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
No point doing level 1 if your going to do level 2 straight off as most of the content (which is very basic) of level 1 is covered in level 2, if that makes sense

Martin

G

·
The two were combined as far as I can remember, obviously why I did not realise that Level 2 would take more than a day.

·
Registered
642 Posts
No point doing level 1 if your going to do level 2 straight off as most of the content (which is very basic) of level 1 is covered in level 2, if that makes sense

Martin
If they are repeated in level 2, that is probably why you are doing level 1 aswell.. or at least I guess so!

G

·
Yep

Level 2 is a 2 day course and as with everything else in life, you will get what you pay for.
You will find a shark doing it in a day for £60, but ask yourself are you simply being written a certificate or have you learned asomething useful.

If you are doing it one on one then not many instructors who are worth their salt will be working for less than about £20 per hour (expect about 16 hours).
If you are doing it with up to 3 others then the cost will come down accordingly. Don't do the course with someone who trys to run it with more than 4 of you at a time as one person will always take up more than their fair share of the time.

Tom

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
I did the level 1 course on the Thames and it lasted 2 days! The price was very good though...{cough cough}.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts