World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any members (amateur) done this course to level 2?
Can you give us any guidance as i am off to do mine in July plus the VHF course.
I need to pass so be interesting to know how others got on.

Just got the recommended reading and its reasonably basic stuff if you are used to boats but still exams are exams!! :eek:

Cheers

Freddy

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I did it in March with my son (16yrs). It is extreemly basic but fun to be out on the water for a couple of days. We both passed as I am sure you will. In fact I have never come across anyone who has failed. I think the fact that you are motivated enough to sit the course is enough to pass.

There are no trick questons and no exam as such at the end, it is an assesment of your practical skills and people who had never been on a boat before on our course (3 of them) passed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Passed mine in January, along with my twelve year old son.

I had my own creel boat some 18 years ago and work my own smaller boat for angling now. So I am fairly experienced so I don't think I actually learnt much but I do think all boat owners should go on this course.

We used ribs for our course (This may vary where you are) and my lad had a bit of difficulty physically shifting the trottle but he was doing his three point turns very well.

If in doubt SLOW down.

Most of the course comes down to common sence so unless you are an out and out nut case you should pass with flying colours.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts