World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bro-in-law and 6 year old nephew down off the back of the Ice Rink Fri night just to get out of the house for a couple of hours,took brolly and groundsheet for nipper and old man as weather was inclement to put it mildly.Five minutes later my brolly was a shipping hazard heading out towards the end of Ryde Pier until it flipped and went down considerably quicker than the Titanic....I loved that Brolly...Anyway in-laws got under the Groundsheet and I got rapidly soaked,missed a couple of half hearted bites then just before the top of the tide my Carp Rod swung around and stayed in that position,was quite hopeful of a Bass but finished up with a "Snotty"around 2 pounds,this was rapidly followed by another one a little smaller,they fight well on light gear,my nephew thought they were snakes and wanted one for a pet but my local publican/chef has a passion for Eels,he chops them up into chunks and steams them and serves them up in a White wine,garlic and parsley sauce........mmm.Thinking about down the back Fri night,dark moonless night and the weather looks ok

·
Registered
603 Posts
Good effort mate, never fished down Ryde, whith all that sand, I presume you get flattied of some kind down there too?
The back is definitely looking favorite towards the end of the week. Wen't down Brook yesterday, it's certainly had a right good stiring up!

Steve.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Pity not much showed mate! The back sounds good, i may see ya there.
Dont talk to me about brollies! I hid mine in the hedge at a lonley mark i frequent. It was a bit knackerd but some git must have been walking through the thick hedge and stole it!!!

Did your brollie look like this?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve
I walked right across the Wight yesterday,wonderful weather,thought Brooke looked great,if the 5 day forecast holds true its going to settle down for Fri
Yes I normally get Flounders and Bass off the back of the Ice Rink,Seaview toll road would fish its arse off tonite because theres a North Westerly blowing straight in there and I guarantee you will catch Bass,not humungous but good eating size,Im falling asleep now tho and wont be long out of me kipper tonite
Yes Dave,that looked just like my Brolly,my Bro-in-law made a half hearted lunge for it,he is in the Manchester Met,I said I hoped he moved faster than that when he was after villains!!!I was a bit worried the Hovercraft might finish up with it wrapt around one of its props but luckily the wind flipped it over again and down she went,is it me or are Silver Eels getting a bit thin on the ground these days?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts