World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am going to Sa Coma in august and i want to do a little bit of fishing.
if anybody has been there and knows what bait to use and where to fish that would be great.

Thanks

Mitch

·
Registered
146 Posts
fished there about 5yrs ago if u walk along the sea front in the opposite direction to callor millor u will come to some rocks fish of these with float also spoke to a brit who lived there had a cafe he used to fish the beach at night using a mixture of squid prawns and the likes from the supermarket cant beat crusty cob for float fishing best of luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
im going to sa coma on the 29th!! been there 13 times already lol! never fished tho but will be going to this yr! only place ive ever seen them fishing is from s'illot or cala bona! maybe ill see u there?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Lozzy, you back yet ??.... I fished the rocks to the Cala Millor side of Sa Coma, only had one session as it was too bloody hot !!!...managed 6 different species on float fished small squid strips...all Breamy, Wrassy type things....I'll post the pictures when I get them on the pc.

Woody

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah just got back no luck! fished on the rocks left of sa coma beach didnt catch anything lots of fish around tho, only stayedb 2 hrs cos was too hot!
what did you think of sa coma anyway? beautiful eh?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Lozzy, was using size 16 hooks which i brought with me....the bait I got from the big supermarket up the road (not the tourist one) manged to get some fresh calamari at the fish counter and used it in very small strips. Cheap bread here as well for groundbait ....I'll post the pictures of the fish on here asap ...haven't a clue what some of them are !!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I found a tackle shop in Cala Millor (on the beach front) which sold rag worm - can't remember what the local name for them is.

Fished with squid pieces and the rag worm on the rocks to the left of Sa Coma a few years ago.

I also got the squid from the same supermarket that woody used - very nice fish counter.

The squid got an occasional fish - but the rag caught a fish a cast or bait stripped.

Mostly a small type of wrasse and some small silvery things, didn't get anything big, and I missed loads cause my hooks were a bit big (size tens I think I had)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts