World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Imax head torch which came with the battery.. I've managed to lose it and need a replacement. Now the case and sales stuff says 18650 but I've tried fitting one and it's not making contact on the positive side...am I doing something wrong or does it actually need a 22?

I'm not happy with the torch..the spread isn't great and the straps are a pain...any recommendations for a budget of around 80 quid?

Sorry tittle should read sandman

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I got the Imax head torch which came with the battery.. I've managed to lose it and need a replacement. Now the case and sales stuff says 18650 but I've tried fitting one and it's not making contact on the positive side...am I doing something wrong or does it actually need a 22?

I'm not happy with the torch..the spread isn't great and the straps are a pain...any recommendations for a budget of around 80 quid?

Not all 18650 batteries are the same length...Some are flat ended at both ends while others have a small button on the positive end..Additionally, some have a small additional over-charge protection circuit built into them, which again adds a few mm in length.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pete.. I'll have a scout around and find one with the nipple on the end..it will work if a put a link between the bat and terminal so I think that's what I'll need

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a cheaper (£25) one from Decathalon that I've used for running for the past two winters. The high setting gives enough light for running at a reasonable pace off road and the medium setting is fine for running on unlit pavements (and good for any fishing task). The low ambient setting give a nice warm light that's good for reading.

It's rechargeable with a micro usb cable.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

I use small magnets on flat ended 18650's 5x2.5 do the job link below.
Pete

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnets-...9f8c64c3:m:myJUErScw6iUipWrvbnfp_g:rk:15:pf:0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts