World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used that smart bait salmon and crab oil attractant? Is it any good? I've heard of people feeding it to their worms to give added scent. If anyone has had good or bad luck with it i'd like to hear. cheers doggy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, tried their crap bait, and the oil, still have some. It seems to repel fish rather than attract! The bait that looks like poo is also rubbish. I bought a few packets, and never caught a thing on the rod using it, but did on the other rod using fresh bait. The fine fellows who sell it say it's good for 'tipping off'! Well, if they can tell wether it's their poo or the fresh bait it is used with, they must be magicians. How can you tell which bait out of two on the hook is catching fish? I know where my money would be!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Waste of money used something similar a few years ago had no joy what so ever you are better off buying some extra fresh/frozen baits.

Woodster

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah i bought a few packets of that fake peeler crab to tip off with at shorne mead fort on the thames, was the only fishless cast of the session!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
tried monster crab a couple of years ago and had a coulpe of the biggest bites ive had from the shore! the fish snagged me off through 50lb shock leader!!

BUT BOY DOES THAT STUFF STINK!!! MY OL GIRL NEARLY KICKED ME OUT!!!!

anyone tried it???

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Used a lot of them buut not yet on the Crab-o-stick! I'm going to try it a little more seriously next week on a week's fishing on the East coast (will use it exclusively on one hook) The Salmon and oil liquid seems a better bet and I'll get some of that to try as an attractant also. Let you know what happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts