World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI, Result :-R7, Chesil centre, Oct 23rd, 5pm-10pm
22 entry .
October is always the best month on Chesil and this was the best match this yr by a long way, several anglers catching more than 30 fish.
10 different species including, conger, smoothound, red mullet, black bream, dogfish, pout, whiting, red and tub gurnards, poor cod .
Surprisingly no Cod or Big Conger.
ZONE A
1st, Darren Stevens, 9lb 12 1/2oz, 8 pout, 5 whiting, 1 black bream, 1 hound.
2nd, Adam Brooks, 9lb 2 1/2oz, 19 pout, 4 whiting,1 black bream, 1 red gurnard.
3rd, Nick Snow, 7lb 3 1/2oz, 12 pout, 4 whiting
4th, Jeff Fisk, 7lb, 5 pout, 1 dog, 3 whiting, 1 black bream.
ZONE B
1st, Jason Brown, 20lb 1/2oz , 14 pout, 3 whiting, 2 conger,1 black bream, 1 poor cod, 3 dogs.
2nd, James Lane , 19lb 8 1/2oz, 19 pout , 2 whiting, 2 dogfish, 1 tub gurnard, 3 poor cod, 1 smoothound.
3rd, Ian Dancey , 16lb 9oz, 23 pout, 1 black bream, 3 dogs, 2 poor cod, 2 whiting.
4th, Matt Pitter , 15lb 9oz, 21 pout, 3 poor cod, 2 black bream, 2 dogs, 2 tub gurnards, 1 red gurnard,1 whiting.
HEAVIEST FISH
A ZONE, Smoothound, 3lb 1oz ,Darren Stevens
B ZONE, Smoothound, 5lb 3oz, James Lane
PENN POINTS, Jason Brown 2pts
James Lane, 1pt
Next Match , Bexington
20th November
4pm - 9pm

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Very surprised that no Cod were caught, but you can only catch what is in front of you and reports of any cod caught at Chesil are few and far between, but then not everyone will report it if they do catch one

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Probably accounts for why I'm not a match angler as I wouldn't get out of bed for 10 pout (y)
Me too mate, in fact don't bait fish anymore now anyway...
BUT the serious match anglers - always the same names in the frame - are bloody good and their fishing abilities are often well underestimated......they normally have several strategies to target various fish over different states of the tide, and will be fishing from just below the surface on occasions, targeting scad, macks and Gars, to hard on the bottom for the normal species. Baits, rigs and gear taken to the nth level too.....

Personally, don't like match fishing at all, but got to admire the guys that are successful at it, and we have a VERY good track record at World Level too.

My local Hero is Chris Clark - great bloke, as well as a fantastic Angler, and World Champion too IIRC....also got chosen to carry the Olympic torch a few years back now, through Lymington. I'm pretty sure his old username on here was 'Pout'....tells you something!

Mart.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Me too mate, in fact don't bait fish anymore now anyway...
BUT the serious match anglers - always the same names in the frame - are bloody good and their fishing abilities are often well underestimated......they normally have several strategies to target various fish over different states of the tide, and will be fishing from just below the surface on occasions, targeting scad, macks and Gars, to hard on the bottom for the normal species. Baits, rigs and gear taken to the nth level too.....

Personally, don't like match fishing at all, but got to admire the guys that are successful at it, and we have a VERY good track record at World Level too.

My local Hero is Chris Clark - great bloke, as well as a fantastic Angler, and World Champion too IIRC....also got chosen to carry the Olympic torch a few years back now, through Lymington. I'm pretty sure his old username on here was 'Pout'....tells you something!

Mart.
Probably agree with most of what you say, but I have my own boat and blanking on it is not something I very often have to worry about and I usually manage to catch some decent fish and it's certainly a different proposition than beach fishing where blanking is part of the sport and if I do go beach fishing it will be for Smoothhound, Plaice, Bass, Cod or even a decent sized Whiting, but I'm not in to tiddler bashing to earn a few quid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts