World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this happen to anyone else? I seem to be getting within 5yards of each other style, using otg aerialized otg and pendulum.

Il admit that I find the pendulum less effort then the other two methods, but I can hit the otg with alot more grunt and the reel screems more initially but dies off, where the other two run on more bit with less spool speed at the start of the cast.

Will try and take some videos but here are some older ones practising with heavy leads

·
Banned
781 Posts
probably because a semi good off the ground cast will out perform a non perfect pendulum, not saying your casting is bad. try standing facing your target more and twist your upper body round then start the cast from this position so your allready coiled up, do away with that step, body rotation is where power comes from, hope this helps

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Colin, the videos are old, and I don't own either anymore
The otg video was taken shortly after hitting a pb of 234y at bodmin using low swing / aerialized otg. To be fair that day I was only 35-40yards behind some of the 290/300yard club, on a better day I'm sure it would have been approaching 250,but that's casting for you ;).

Currently using a primo syncro which is less of a handful then either of those rods Imo.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you're anything like me.... Fast lead going low
Slower lead going higher.

Been trying to marry the better halves together for a couple of years lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts