World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Samphire Hoe from 5:30 a.m. to around 11:00 a.m. we arrived just before low water with the conditions pretty much perfect for the venue (nice and sunny, very little wave movement!) and we were straight into the action with a couple of pollack on big squid baits fished about 30 yards out and a selection of small wrasse. As the tide started to come in the pollack seemed to disappear but the wrasse fishing remained constant throughout the session. Disappointingly no bass today as i see this as being a bit of a hotspot in the summer however, there was a distinct lack of mackerel in the area, i didn't see a single one caught the whole time we were there which may have had a bearing on the bass. Also sadly no larger wrasse caught today but will be fishing with hardbacks next time so hopefully that will bring out the bigger boys. All in all a good day with a fair number of fish considering we fished low tide up and were only there for a relatively short period of time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nice Report mjiamnot I am fishing a competition on the Hoe in a few weeks time never been there before, Know it can be very snaggy in some places any advice would be appreciated on baits, methods, peg numbers to fish etc. heard you can float fish if calm? Cheers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as positioning i would personally suggest to walk as far as you can to the dover end of the hoe until the hoe bends left, stop and fish to either side of that bend that is where i have had my better sessions. Tactics vary greatly depending on what you want to catch, if you're after the wrasse you'll be needing rag worm or hard back crabs cast out about 20-30 yards on a 1,2 or 3 hook flapper rig. If it's pollack you're after fish a pennel with a whole squid at any distance, the 2 we had on sunday came from about 30 yards out but we've recently caught a larger fish using the same tactics at distance. You can catch bass by spinning whole sandeels i am told but i've never managed it myself and yes you can float fish for the bass, pollack, mackerel and garr fish if the conditions permit but i have found this no more effective than just chucking a flapper in.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
Nice report and great that you 2 come all the way over to use our shop on Saturdays....Hope you both enjoy the banter too!
the banter's a good crack Ron, and the coffee ain't bad either, for some strange reason we seem to fit in with you guys, dunno what that says for us!!!

nice report on your sunday boat sessionb but what happened to the "calendar girls" type photo shoot?

15,082 Posts
the banter's a good crack Ron, and the coffee ain't bad either, for some strange reason we seem to fit in with you guys, dunno what that says for us!!!

nice report on your sunday boat sessionb but what happened to the "calendar girls" type photo shoot?
Neil wouldnt strip off in that weather! Now the weather has warmed up I will get the G/F and her mates out to do a calender type session...here is the g/f in the kitchen to wet the appertite

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
:blink:Never mind the pink...............what about the dirty saucepan!:yucky:
Oi, Oi ! Thats no way to speak about the lady!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Remember folks kiddies watching!

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Hey whop, did Cascars chicken out of modding this and phoned you to do it for him?

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Ron 'Destroyer Of The World''

Now A Conservationist For His Practice Of ''Fillet & Release''

Your signature takes on a whole new meaning now Ron.
And what about all those poor guys who copied your sig.

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
nice boots Ron, were they yours by chance?

C

·
0 Posts
Hey whop, did Cascars chicken out of modding this and phoned you to do it for him?
Did not see it last night, but I am now watching very carefully:). Keep it on topic or it will disappear to NFC:secret:.
See I can do it:yeah:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts