World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello 2016 and finally our first fishing trip of the year.

Normally we would have gone on quite a few by now, however this is our first trip out for a long time, as Kent Fishing Couple should probably be renamed Kent Fishing Family, since the arrival of our firstborn Imogen last October.

So off we set (earlier get up then usual with little one, ), and head off from West Sussex down to Samphire Hoe for a session via good ole Brazils for bait and top up of the essentials. We finally get setup around 10:30am once we have navigated the traffic thanks to a train stuck in the chunnle.

Nice weather and a fairly calm sea, but very quiet for a Saturday on a bank holiday weekend, us and one other lot fishing until around lunchtime

Boom rig down the side with rag, and a peeler on a long range clip down. Had a couple of knocks but nothing caught. Lost two rigs long range, even with lighter snoods and non grip weights.

It was a nice little session with family, we packed up about 2:30 just as there was a nasty looking cloud coming from Ashford, hit Folkestone and the heavens opened, so left at about the right time. Bait left over, so Worthing Pier tomorrow.

It was a nice time out though, and re-lined the reels, and got the gear in order, oh and the best bit, someone happy to grab a rod and no problem with bait either :p

DSC_0604.jpg

Now hopefully Immy doesn't take after her mother, and show me up with better catches!

Dave

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice report and a lovely photo! Shame about the lack of fish though. I am heading down to the Hoe in an hour or so and I bet it won't be as deserted as when you were there lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, did land first fish of the year yesterday off Worthing Pier, a long spined scorpion fish! Didn't let Immy near it, spikey grumpy looking bugger!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts