World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the great session we had there a few days ago we revisited hoping for another good catch...

Well we arrived a couple of hrs before HT and were met by anglers coming off the venue with heads hung, little to no fish caught, though they were leaving when it should just have been coming on song.

I set up a float with 3ft of line to a savage sandeel and cast that out letting it drift in to the wall while jigging it, then walked it along the wall. My fishing buddy did the same but without the float and 2nd cast had a 2lb bass. I was using the float to be sure I didnt hit bottom and loose the rig as I'm too short to see over the wall to keep an eye on how high in the water I'm working.
A few wall walks by both of us produced nothing more.

On with the feathers to check out the non visible Mackeral, again my partner managed to hook a 4 string within a few casts with me trailing behind with 1 fish. Then it went quiet.
We managed a few more each but it was just a few, 12 for my friend and 6 for me before we gave up at 2hrs after tide.

As we took the long walk back it became clear from others that it really was dire, 1 beaming angler had just caught a pollock and saved his blank and another was smiling as he landed a single Mackeral, his only fish!

It had been quite rough there Sunday with water coming over the wall, so although it was now calm I guess it needs a couple of days of North winds or none to bring the baitfish back in high numbers drawing the other fish back in to feast.

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Funny how it goes, fish there one day and gone the next!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Spot on with your analysis Oldman - 'twas rough on Sunday and so as you say - a few days of calmer weather will sort the water out enough for the baitfish to start gathering back together and the fun can begin again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts