World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
20181005_150248.jpg
Keith James (aka Sambass) had a good day today on Mumbles Belle, landing a 5.5lb lobster & a 2+lb plaice, & then wins the football card winning a shedfull of rigs as his prize, you couldn't make it up! :D I managed a slightly smaller lobster which was berried, & while I was removing the hook from her mouth to return her, she crunched my finger (ungrateful cow) :eek: I also landed a slightly smaller plaice than Sam's, so I was certainly the runner up today, well done Sam you jammy git! :rolleyes:
20181005_150212.jpg

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
View attachment 1122151 Keith James (aka Sambass) had a good day today on Mumbles Belle, landing a 5.5lb lobster & a 2+lb plaice, & then wins the football card winning a shedfull of rigs as his prize, you couldn't make it up! :D I managed a slightly smaller lobster which was berried, & while I was removing the hook from her mouth to return her, she crunched my finger (ungrateful cow) :eek: I also landed a slightly smaller plaice than Sam's, so I was certainly the runner up today, well done Sam you jammy git! :rolleyes:
View attachment 1122147
Any dogfish :whistling:

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Excellent...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You certainly found the mark today, Vic. Well done.
Not really :D the "Heath Robinson" folding anchor, with a short length of chain dragged a couple of times, so I had to reposition a few times, so really it was my disposable anchor that found us the spots :laugh:

Reactions: Gowerfisher2

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you V notch the tail on the berried hen or was she the only one that did the notching ?:)
No? What is the idea of the V notch? she certainly notched my finger made it bleed & the joint is swollen up twice its normal size this morning miserable cow :mad:

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
No? What is the idea of the V notch? she certainly notched my finger made it bleed & the joint is swollen up twice its normal size this morning miserable cow :mad:
If you V notch the tail* of a berried hen she cannot legally be landed .
She will be safe as she can be until she sheds her carapace and is notchless again.

When you think lobbies can crush claws on other lobbies (hence the rubber bands) you do your best to stay out of range .
The big 'uns are easier to handle as they are not as mobile out of the water.

* best to Google to see whereabouts.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you V notch the tail* of a berried hen she cannot legally be landed .
She will be safe as she can be until she sheds her carapace and is notchless again.

When you think lobbies can crush claws on other lobbies (hence the rubber bands) you do your best to stay out of range .
The big 'uns are easier to handle as they are not as mobile out of the water.

* best to Google to see whereabouts.
I have since read the details but thanks anyhow sniggle, when things like this happen when totally unexpected you have to learn stuff on the run. Now I have to find out the dates of the lobster season, & clarify what happens when you catch one that you are not "recreationally" fishing for but catch it by accident?:confused2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts