World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this wee fella today at portknockie harbour while the kids were muckin about with wee hooks (size 16) pretty sure its a Sand Goby but until Mr Holt says otherwise.Also my young Nephews Flounder from Cullen Beach yesterday .

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nice wee fish there blindog, good to hear the nephew got himself a Flounder:clap: Looked a lovely day to be out fishing.

Steven

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Nice little fish Lenny, about a dozen or so of them and you'ld have enough for a sarnie.
Well done to the young lad with his Flounder:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I caught one of those a couple of years ago, in fact identical , i looked up my book of fishes and also recognised it as a sand gobie..
would also like to see that confirmed by an expert, but i think you're right..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep... looks like a male sand goby (pomatoschistus microps).... apparently these little blighters can grow to the enormous 6cm... so may well be worth registering this one with the record fish committee! If that doesn't work -try sending the photo to Seadangler and claiming it was 3lb 4oz .... You should get a prize for that.... ahem ... or not!:crazy:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
eee up lenny bang on mate !! not had one of them critters this year yet got one last year though !! need one of them for the full house !!

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
hiya lenny,

Caught this wee fella today at portknockie harbour while the kids were muckin about with wee hooks (size 16) pretty sure its a Sand Goby but until Mr Holt says otherwise.Also my young Nephews Flounder from Cullen Beach yesterday .
yup looks like a male Sand goby to me, I had two in two drops off the boat at Weymouth a few years back :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts