World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a bit a trouble with my bait pump again!!!! What's happening is after a while of pumping i am getting sand in the upper part of my pump and i am sure this is affecting the pumps suction so what do you thinks the best way of stopping this? I have put in my own silicone washer but have left the black plastic washers that hold the silicone one in place if you know what i mean. I have the avery slim pump and have done well getting black other than loss of suction which is the most frustrating thing about the whole thing so any advise would be great other than buy a new matchman pump. Also what type of washer do you bait collectors use and no i am not trying to make money out of pumping i would just love to know how they set there pumps up.
Cheers Mick

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I am having a bit a trouble with my bait pump again!!!! What's happening is after a while of pumping i am getting sand in the upper part of my pump and i am sure this is affecting the pumps suction so what do you thinks the best way of stopping this? I have put in my own silicone washer but have left the black plastic washers that hold the silicone one in place if you know what i mean. I have the avery slim pump and have done well getting black other than loss of suction which is the most frustrating thing about the whole thing so any advise would be great other than buy a new matchman pump. Also what type of washer do you bait collectors use and no i am not trying to make money out of pumping i would just love to know how they set there pumps up.
Cheers Mick
Hey Mick,

Submerge the pump in the sea or a puddle to wash it out and it will run free again.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
When I knackered my proper washers at the weekend I tried putting in the silicone washer that I had made. I suspect its too small a diameter as with the wingnut cranked suction is still poor. I have now sent off for a new set of proper Alvey washers. In the meantime I have cast a new silicone washer in the end of the pump to ensure it will be the right size this time.................

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Cheers Mick
try fitting a piece of bicycle inner tube either side of the black plastic to act as a wiper. sure i saw something on youtube on how-to-do it. hope this helps. Lukey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts