World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Starting to get a few sessions in after a bit of a break for a few years while work/kids/life got in the way.
Finally fished sand point today. Used the day mainly as a bit of a recce (walked miles up and down!). Did manage to fish a couple of hours over high and a couple of hours over low, and I’m glad I did. Fishing was great with 3 decent thornbacks on Bluey and squid wrap, and 4 congers on squid and mackerel. All fish in the 5-8lb size so no monsters but decent bends in the rod for a change. Interestingly (or not) I only took 1 rod as I was mainly exploring, but found it a lot more enjoyable. Wasn’t rushed constantly baiting up and found I could concentrate that little bit more. Maybe 1 rod is the future for me? Cheers, tony.
Water Liquid Beak Wood Fish

Reptile Scaled reptile Snake Organism Terrestrial animal

Sky Vertebrate Human Mammal People in nature

Outerwear Sky Glove Fish Jacket

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good fishing mate.
I use one rod now. At the mark your on I'd be rebating approx every 20 mins, so with 2 rods you hardly get to sit down.
With one rod you can have the next rig ready and have it back in the water within 2 mins.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good fishing mate.
I use one rod now. At the mark your on I'd be rebating approx every 20 mins, so with 2 rods you hardly get to sit down.
With one rod you can have the next rig ready and have it back in the water within 2 mins.
totally agree mate. There’s a time and place for 2 rods (somewhere like chesil) but I found I fished much better with 1 instead of half arsed with 2! And I used less bait, and I was more relaxed! Win win😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts