World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i'm intending to use sandeel in the next couple of weeks and have never tried it before. ive read the section on this site which is very good but without diagrams if find visualising how to present them is difficult. cos im dumb see! anyone have any links to sandeel presentation?

cheers

Todd

·
Registered
438 Posts
just put the hook into its mouth and out of its gill and nick it in the belly and i mean nick not to deep i have found this is the best way they seem to live longer i tend to use them for most of my fishing

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You've had the advice re. hooking live eels.

If you're using frozen ones just treat the eel as if it was a worm. Feed a long shank worm hook down through the body until you can't get it down further. Turn the hook so it comes out of the body. Pull some line through and re-insert the hook just below where it came out and keep threading it on again towards the tail. If the hook is now only coming out half way down then this is fine. Whip it on with some baitelastic if you're worried it will fly off when you cast. If the above seems complicated then just feed the hook down once, pull it through and just push it through near the tail and whip it on more with the elastic!

The other method is to use a Pennel rig with a small hook as the top hook. If i'm using the Pennel then I put on two or three eels and use a lot of elastic!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts