World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of the above,how do i go about catching them,for bass.I shore fish and own a kayak.Ive only seen them caught from a boat
cheers in advance

G

·
small shrimp rigs or sabikis, just like mackerel fishing, the trick is finding a good spot to catch them regularly.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I tie my own feathers . Size 10 for small sand eels up to size 1 for big launce. 6 on a rig , white malibu feathers with red thread to bind. Trim the feathers to about an inch after tying otherwise the launce will grab feathers and miss the hook. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
shrimp rigs are definitely the way to go as they work in murky water where sabikis stop working.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i think ive got some shrimp ones,never tried them,where do they feed,bottom,mid-water,surface?

·
Specimen Hunter
3,295 Posts
i would say mid to top but i suppose they will be off the bottem as well, ive seen loads of them at the breakers pier, theres better places than that but im not posting them :D if you want pointed in the general direction drop me a pm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.