World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get some live sandeels in the summer , im thinking of doing a spot ov freelining at the WARREN in Folkestone, i have had luck with frozen but i cant help thinking that a live one would have a better efect and get a better response from the bass, or maybe a reel small joey ,if anyone has any info please let me no thanks....from the man from malling

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Have you got an area near you with plenty of current, and sandbanks of coarse sand. If you have you probably have eels.

The larger ones can be caught on the smallest shrimp rigs. The others you will need a net or vingler to collect.

If you just want a few for bait the net is not worth while so make yourself a vingler and if you find an area holding eels you will get enough with it in half an hour for a fishing session.

Once you have them the hard bit is keeping them alive. They need loads of oxygen in the water, and keep the water cool as the warmer it gets the less oxygen it can carry. Don't use anythink with corners to store your eels, they will crowd into a corner and drown themselves.

Good luck with it, I use live eel all the time and to me they are well worth the hassle of collecting and keeping.

B

·
0 Posts
Have a word with local charter boat skippers they usually have spares when returning from bassing trips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts