Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently paying £3 for a pack of Eels

Is there anyone out there that does a better deal including postage

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I am currently paying £3 for a pack of Eels Is there anyone out there that does a better deal including postage
Baits r us. They do small, medium and large and are based in Portsmouth. They are superb quality. They also do free postage on orders over £60. Used there eels a lot can't fault them.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Mate

Just over the Water from me - just checked them on web

They only have Small in stock currently by the looks of it

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Ill 2nd Hugh on that, baits r us are very good indeed :)

Jim

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I will repeat myself - they only appear to currently have "ickle"ones in stock :clap2:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I use medium Sand eels for Rays, Doggies, Turbot and Sea Trout up here.
If you can only get smalls then maybe use 2 at a time - normally get more in a pack for the same price e.g 15 smalls, 10 mediums, 8 large etc.
£3 sounds a little expensive but if you are happy with them and get a good supply then maybe it is worth keeping hold of it?

·
Banned
8,293 Posts
I am currently paying £3 for a pack of Eels

Is there anyone out there that does a better deal including postage
Must be your affluent location taking advantage of you.
They are £2.50 in Barmouth.

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
£2.50 is the price i pay per pack , so how much do baits are us charge then per pack inc postage ?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would probably be worth my while to order a snootful provided they can get them to me still frozen(obviously) but as I said I have checked them out on line and currently they only have them in small - I am a fan of bigguns meself :spiteful:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
It would probably be worth my while to order a snootful provided they can get them to me still frozen(obviously) but as I said I have checked them out on line and currently they only have them in small - I am a fan of bigguns meself :spiteful:
They should get em to you frozen....Ive always had mine delivered in perfect condition. seems there's a lack of bigger eels round here atm, Allans are the same just the smaller ones....Im sure they'll be getting them in but as mentioned might be worth calling them to see when they come into stock??

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts