World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be using live sandeel this coming weekend, I have the necessary aerator, bucket etc. But I have seen some people putting a bottle of ice into the sea water while the sandeels are in there. I know that you ahve to keep them cool but, I thought that the shock of putting something that cold will kill some of them with shock!

·
Registered
438 Posts
no it will be allright idid that for a time but i had a coolbox from a boot sale drilled 2 holes and put 2 aerator in and it works brill it keeps it cold for longer

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have the bog standard smallish aerator box that I bought from Rogers tackle in Swansea. Will it be OK if I put a small container with ice in it, just to lower the temp?? I will be fishing at night so that might help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
apart from the fact that keeping them cool slows down their metabolic rate, cold water will hold more oxygen for longer than warm water will ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys, it looks as though I will get a small plastic bottle as my cool blocks are slightly to big!

·
Registered
438 Posts
chrisp i had look at one of the troll bucketsit might be good on the drift and save my battarys but do it come from the usa im sure i saw one at go fishing show

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I just pull it into the boat for the run back up for a new drift. I use a tank on the boat normally but if I go out in the dinghy it is perfect. Also good from rocks and piers.

I got mine in Florida years ago, still going strong. I seenm to remember somewhere on the south coast advertising them last year.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a different aerator, the one I have also runs off the car cigarette lighter to save on the battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts