Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
had a load of peeler n other bait to use up, so took my dad and other half down to sandown, deal. stopped in shop to get some sandeel for the rays we hoped for! ended up with a pack of 50! fished opposite the pill box over low tide up til high, got there bout 8am, cast out a good 100 yds. 10 mins later cracking bite and pulled in this nice little 2.5lb bass! :clap2: next cast same again but a doggie, and that was it. my other half tried fishing close in with two whole peelers, she literally sat down and the rod thumped over and bounced away until she legged it back down the beach, wound down to the fish and...........nothing!:wah: needless to say i got the blame for it, somehow! :unsure: all went quiet until my dad pulled in a nice doggie and then nothing else whatsoever!
that horrible may bloom is around and only appeared half way through the flood, it coats everything, i remember reading somewhere it clogs fishes gills up so they stay away, might explain the lack of fish when it came through? lovely day out though and far better than doing the garden! :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well done mate have to say very much doubt that went 2.5lb more like 1.5 if that nevr the less well done least u got out

D

·
0 Posts
well done mate!hope to get a few of them tomorrow,and some eel's too.weather looking rubbish though.

me and mark are going out of newhaven sunday.the following weekend i'll spend with her indoor's then it's the wales trip:clap2: :clap2:

hope u can join us up there,if not we'll sort a beach/breakwater trip when we get back......dave.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what?........ why would i make it up????? creedy, i weighed it mate, on two sets of scales, mustad n rapala, and so did my dad. bear in mind i'm 3ft wide!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well done mate!hope to get a few of them tomorrow,and some eel's too.weather looking rubbish though.

me and mark are going out of newhaven sunday.the following weekend i'll spend with her indoor's then it's the wales trip:clap2: :clap2:

hope u can join us up there,if not we'll sort a beach/breakwater trip when we get back......dave.

cheers dave.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Nice fish Nick. Well done, and it looks over 1.5lb to me.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
this fish is about the same size if not a little bigger and this did not make 2lb and weighed on berkley digitals, all my fish are weighed proberly on digi's digi's dont lie, it just really annoys me when people have to add weight its just simply not as big as u think it is mate

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it really annoys me when people like you post!:mad: why would you just pipe up and say stuff like that? please dont post on any of my posts again mate, fed up with your negative comments. :schmoll:

D

·
0 Posts
that's why his bass look's small,i'd bet it was 5lb!!.....dave.:lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Who cares? unless its the bigest bass you have ever caught it really dont matter how much it went, its just nice to catch fish!

·
Banned
3,442 Posts
This really is laughable,why on earth would Nick the greek lie about an every day fish, it's not like he is trieng to claim a record. surely if he was going to lie he would have omited the picture and gone in a bit higher, at least make it an imaginary double.

I know people do tend to over estimate their fish , but if he sais he weighed it, its good enough for me.

D

·
0 Posts
he's a genuine bloke.if he say's the fish weighed 2 n half then that's what it weighed.sometimes putting pic's on here causes trouble,i've just sussed out how to do it so i'll be posting some anyway!hopefully tomorrow....dave.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.