World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all thinking about having a shot at sandsend beach easter weekend any help on what bait high or low tide fancy having a go at some hounds or rays if they fish off that beach will know nearer the time as to what day i'm going call at whitby first for some bait then to sandsend inybody fancy a chuck that weekend let me know could do with some advice and a bit of decent crack if anyone interested pm me nearer the time:g: :unsure: :fishing1: :fish: :help:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
very very very very very very rare mate hounds and rays off sandsend beach but plenty of plaice, flounder, rockling and whiting with the odd codling inbetween.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My mate Mike had a Ray (thornback) off Sandsend beach last week mixed in with a dozen or so whitings. Might even get the odd bass about by easter week. Also some good coalfish on the right night.

Another lad who fishes our club - Malcolm Pitman had 2 Rays one night from Runswick on the far right past the yaucht club. If I remember rightly I think he got them on a nix of mussel and mackerel bait. Keep meaning to try for them myself but never get around to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts