World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been looking forward all week for a trip to cefn sidan. We had a good week of weather and I was getting very excited. Then it happened. The wind and the rain came in to try and put me off. I'm not usually put off by the bad weather but maybe this time i should have listened to the warning.
Myself and two mates put on our winter gear and headed to the beach. Being super eager we got to the venue far too early and the tide was miles out. The rain was lashing down and the wind blowing straight down the beach from the west. We fished for about three hours where the crazy tide surges chased us up the beach and spent a couple of hours ducking down in the sand dunes drinking tea and keeping warm. As you probably can guess we didn't catch anything and i'm still trying to get the sand out of my eyes and ears.
The weather was wild and impossible fishing, but just as the sunset the clouds broke and displayed a spectacular sky.

ForumRunner_20140321_175413.jpg

ForumRunner_20140321_175513.jpg

View attachment 198593

ForumRunner_20140321_175559.jpg

However we didn't give up there. We packed up at about half eight and made a b-line for knab rock. We fished from about half nine until midnight as the tide was dropping from high water. Between three of us we had 19 fish. Mostly doggies a poutting and a small codling. I won't say how many of those 19 were my fish but let's just say I was put to shame. I will say though that I didn't blank.
Such a reliable and comfortable mark even if the fish aren't the best quality.

All in all a good evening out to blow the cobwebs away and cefn sidans sand dunes look incredible after being battered by the storms.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dedication worthy of a gold medal!

·
Premium Member
38,495 Posts
After being battered on Cfyn Sidan going to Knab Rock was a brave move :laugh: still your dedication paid of with some action :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts