World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, me and a couple of mates are fishing Sandwich Bay tomorrow night - will of course post how we get on. We were planning on arriving around 5.30pm to start fishing for the evening/night.

My question is, does Sandwich Bay (opposite Chequers up to slipway, roughly) fish well from dead low right up to/over high water??

Low water is at approx 7pm (HW is at 00.15) and we are fishing from 6pm onwards, is this possible to do? I'm not sure how far the tide goes out at dead low water, can you still fish it? Is it worth while?

Any advice welcome! I have fished Sandwich Bay before but not right smack bang over low water.

Thanks.

Will

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,953 Posts
just remember its a big spring tomorrow
so there mite be a fair bit of sand in front of you
and at 5-30 the time ur goin the tide will still bo on the ebb for a hr or so
also 7/8oz fixed wires is a must the tide will rip thru
i was gunna fish the butts but i like the bay

·
Registered
188 Posts
if you have got waders , wade out as far as you can (200 yards+) and blast it !
without waders id wait a few hours for a bit of water.
it goes out miles down there on a big spring.
saying that you can catch a 10lb bass in 18" of water so its always worth a go !!

good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yes you can fish by the chequers on dead low, I remember my dad having two cod there one Sunday afternoon on low in the early 80's, one was 22lb and the other was just over 20lb, can't say you'll catch a brace of twenties though but you never know.JJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.