World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anybody tried off sandwich bay on theit kayak? Be nice for some skate, smoothies etc? Not talking miles out on Goodwins but relatively inshore,

Ta.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi all, Anybody tried off sandwich bay on theit kayak? Be nice for some skate, smoothies etc? Not talking miles out on Goodwins but relatively inshore, Ta.
Sandwich Bay has some mad strong tides that prove quite testing at points, best bet is westgate still able to get thornies and hounds but the tide is a lot easier!

Goodwin is not out of the question if timed right and would allow you a good session there!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Even easier is Herne Bay. Launch at Hampton Jetty car park, paddle out to old pierhead. Plenty of good sized thornbacks their. They can be caught at low tide too in 6ft of water.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think its a good idea perhaps on a neap low tide but would stay close to shore with the intension to drift across to ramsgate where the missus could come and pick me and my son up lol..i have been out from next to the ferry terminal when the tide starts flooding ie coming in and the current is really strong at times and can be a struggle i know people do anchor out their a fair distance not for me though.looks a little awkward.think i would rather go round the corner to Margate like the other guys suggest.good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts