World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SAS are having thier next "live fish "thingy on May 4th and we are getting a team together to suport them, anyone fancy it? I want to give Southbourne a go (make a change from Chesil) different species and a more user friendly beach.
I think Andy Colmer and Edgey are going to be around somewhere for the Hampshire crew so it could turn out as a decent meet.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
The SAS are having thier next "live fish "thingy on May 4th and we are getting a team together to suport them, anyone fancy it? I want to give Southbourne a go (make a change from Chesil) different species and a more user friendly beach.
I think Andy Colmer and Edgey are going to be around somewhere for the Hampshire crew so it could turn out as a decent meet.
Andy and Edgy will be coming to the Ball, just make sure you have size 12 glass slippers for us. Lol.

· Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
may be ok for this!!

· Registered
602 Posts
Ian
Heres the Post
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65407

gives full details
Gray

G

·
We'll need some comms on the beach at Southbourne so that whoever is getting the phone call knows whats what. I have a couple of them cheap PMRs (walkie talkies) but if we can get some more that work on the same frequency we can all report our catches!

· Registered
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We'll need some comms on the beach at Southbourne so that whoever is getting the phone call knows whats what. I have a couple of them cheap PMRs (walkie talkies) but if we can get some more that work on the same frequency we can all report our catches!
SHALL WE HAVE A COUPLE OF THESE DROPPED OFF?

Ptarmigan is a mobile, secure battlefield system that incorporates the latest technology and has been designed to improve communications reliability, capacity and interoperability.

Ptarmigan remains the core equipment for the British Army Tactical Trunk Communications System, and has undergone a number of upgrades to be better prepared to meet the challenges of changing deployments and new operational requirements.

This has included the introduction of an Air Portable Secondary Access Node (SAN) for 16 Air Assault Brigade. The General Purpose Trunk Access Port (GPTAP) software enhancement will allow improved Interconnectivity to other nations tactical systems.

· Registered
5,809 Posts
SHALL WE HAVE A COUPLE OF THESE DROPPED OFF?

Ptarmigan is a mobile, secure battlefield system that incorporates the latest technology and has been designed to improve communications reliability, capacity and interoperability.

Ptarmigan remains the core equipment for the British Army Tactical Trunk Communications System, and has undergone a number of upgrades to be better prepared to meet the challenges of changing deployments and new operational requirements.

This has included the introduction of an Air Portable Secondary Access Node (SAN) for 16 Air Assault Brigade. The General Purpose Trunk Access Port (GPTAP) software enhancement will allow improved Interconnectivity to other nations tactical systems.
Jesus! I hope the fish turn up!! Oh count me in.

· Registered
651 Posts
As its my local beach Ian i feel i must join the ranks if thats ok :)

As far as Saturdays fishing i think its going to be very frustrating with spider crabs out taking hooks and very few fish showing apart from Mackeral

.Just read a nice report about a guy catching one Bream for a days fishing at Bexi (not counting macky he caught)

I must admit Ian I'm teetering on the edge of re thinking my fishing plans for the day ................. yeah i know I'm a miserable old sod :unsure:

· Registered
2,336 Posts
hi lockstock

quite happy to make more than one call if it is easier for you all i can then pull it all together this end to save you any aggro.. just let me know

mike

G

·
hi lockstock

quite happy to make more than one call if it is easier for you all i can then pull it all together this end to save you any aggro.. just let me know

mike
Might not be a bad idea but we might be able to cope with a walkie talkies (or the Armies latest communications system if Ian has his way) - we'll let you know nearer the time. I reckon we are upto about 10 or so anglers at the moment -and on a beach that'll spread over quite a distance (500 yds +).

· Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
im in!! who needs a lift from weymouth?? will pick up at wool as well!!

can't wait..

2 fishing trips in a week!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.