World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a sunny start on Saturday the sky clouded over as the tide hit low and my mate and I got into some Bass, 6 for me and 4 for him. All legal size (just) and all caught on Maria Chase.

The conditions, although mid day, looked perfect and most of the Bass where hitting the lure 12ft out. One even jumped clean out of the water onto a rock and then back in. Great fun and a good fight on a light spinning rod.

My mate also had his lure taken by a seagull, a quick pull and it dropped it only to swoop back around and grab it again another pull and he gave up, could have been a good aerial fight.

Took a couple at 40cm home for tea, will post a picture later.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
nice bass well done fella

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,883 Posts
HI JOE
10 TO A LURE great result you deserve it with the time u put in
im fishin sat nite with bait so hopefully we can meet up the following wk-end is the mark one we fished a while ago
i went early sunday mornin at dumpton gap water was crystal clear and flat calm but no luck mite be due to thanet rock ledges being covered in gill nets
tight-lines
ROCK-ROVER

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys

Mark was the one we went to with Captain, a little bit further on is where all the fish came.

I'm going again Fri evening with a mate and can do Sat or Sun morning if you have a change of heart. Tides are looking good for morning at the weekend.

We also had a seal pop his head up in front of us, I think he knew where the fish were but wasn't going to come any closer with us there.

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,883 Posts
LOVE TO JOE
but im diggin king rag sat mornin and organising a meet for sat nite if it dont come of i'll be up 4 sunday mornin or i can fish sat nite thru 2 sunday morning and meet up then
tigh-lines
ROCK-ROVER

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in touch, if you think you can manage both or your meet gets canceled I would be up for Sunday morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts