World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads, got my bum out of bed 5am and got to Steetly 6.15. Lovely Swells on so fished between Flange & Gate.
First cast a small Codling about 9".No more bites & sun was up so too bright for shallow water.Moved to the end & to deeper water but zilch.Not a nibble for 2 hours.Only 2 of us on and it was dead so thought bugger this & went the the Heugh.
Massive swells past the end & no one else on.Bit scary at times but as it was high water i thought it safe. Fished till 3pm and had 5 Tommies about 10" long and a 2.5 pounder.
Strange day, fished one Rod with small hooks and Rag & Mackie combinations & not a bite all day on that. Other Rod with 3/0 Pennel to use up Big Lug & Razor got everything. Not a Flattie or Whitie about, just Codling and only interested in that bait.
Decided to call it a day after a drunk guy with a bag of tinnies climbed the fence,came to the end and talked my head off. He wasnt fishing, just pi**ed. Friendly enough and glad he followed me off as he could have gone in the water the state he was in. Said he had been on Steetly and that loads were on there Drinking and jumping in. So it begins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Summer.
Steve Walker was coming on as i left and said he is off to Norway in a few days with Charlie from Friarage and a couple more guys. Going Boat & Shore fishing for a week, lucky sods. Probably read about it in S/A in a while.

·
Registered
506 Posts
shud of giv the heugh a bash
he did :blink:

the the Heugh.
Massive swells past the end & no one else on.Bit scary at times but as it was high water i thought it safe. Fished till 3pm and had 5 Tommies about 10" long and a 2.5 pounder.
Strange day, fished one Rod with small hooks and Rag & Mackie combinations & not a bite all day on that. Other Rod with 3/0 Pennel to use up Big Lug & Razor got everything. Not a Flattie or Whitie about, just Codling and only interested in that bait.
Decided to call it a day after a drunk guy with a bag of tinnies climbed the fence,came to the end and talked my head off. He wasnt fishing, just pi**ed. Friendly enough and glad he followed me off as he could have gone in the water the state he was in. Said he had been on Steetly and that loads were on there Drinking and jumping in. So it begins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Summer.
Steve Walker was coming on as i left and said he is off to Norway in a few days with Charlie from Friarage and a couple more guys. Going Boat & Shore fishing for a week, lucky sods. Probably read about it in S/A in a while.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I was talking to steve the other day on the Heugh. He said he was going for a weeks holiday to Norway fishing. Sounded spot on.

Went on the heugh last Friday. Very Very scary. Low tide and wave still came over the end. Nearly papped. Went off onto Steetly. 2 undersize cod and nice flattie.

Mick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts